SMT Test Technician - 1st & 2nd Shift
Osseo, MN 55369 US
An exceptional electronic component manufacturing company is on the hunt for a talented SMT Test Technician to join their team. If you've got the skills to rock the SMT world, this temp to hire position is for you.
Responsibilities of the SMT Test Technician:
- Maintains and aligns solder paste stencils, applies solder paste to achieve an even and consistent screen print on all apertures.
- Replenishes and controls all SMT components such as capacitors, resistors, and ICs in a pick and place machine, verifies component positioning, values and polarity.
- Fills in process documentation to be complete and accurate. Use proper reflow oven programs as determined by engineering to adequately process lead or lead-free solder pastes to developed acceptable solder joints at each solder connection on the assembly. These settings should ensure that each job is able to produce a quality product on a timely basis per print and routings.
- Review routings against prints to ensure consistency. Verify correct programs and revisions are called out on routers.
- Responsible for the monitoring of floor stock inventory such as solder paste and monitoring expiration dates and informing Supervisor or Lead when low or expired, Cleans equipment, maintains and follows PM schedules, responsible for identifying when maintenance is needed.
- Learn machine part parameters and programs to ensure optimization of machine time usage. Is able to produce a quality product on a timely basis per print and routings.
- Other duties assigned.
Requirements of the SMT Test Technician:
- Experience in set-up, operation and troubleshooting of surface mount technology and microscope soldering a plus.
- Experience in programming of SMT equipment is highly desirable.
- Will be required to pass J-STD & IPC-A-610 Certification to be qualified to perform the job duties of a Surface Mount Technician.
- Follows oral and written instructions, and must be fluent at reading blueprints.
- High School education or equivalent.
SMT Test Technicians apply today! DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.