Syracuse, NY 13210
Our client seeking an experienced Receptionist to work out of our Syracuse, NY location. The Receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, as well as performing additional clerical duties for the Service Department. Candidates must be organized, able to multi-task and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Greet all customers and answer incoming calls in a polite and timely fashion as well as answer inquiries
- Assist customers with use of the order kiosk.
- Process cash and credit card payments and returns.
- Create sales orders for miscellaneous parts and novelties.
- Receive, sort and forward incoming mail.
- Order and maintain inventory of branch office supplies.
- Order, sell and maintain accurate inventory
- Work on various projects and tasks for multiple departments as needed.
- Maintains records, logs and files.
- Documents approval/disapproval of repairs.
- Enters and maintains expenses into database system.
- Enters timecard data and submits weekly labor recap reports.
- Reviews work in progress reports.
- Post and create purchase orders; reconciles and pays bills.
- Communicates discrepancies or problems to management.
- Creates, checks and mails invoices.
- Creates and reviews reports.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent, with college or trade school preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience as a receptionist/administrative assistant.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, Etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and be detail orientated with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
This position does require drug and background checks and are required as part of our pre-employment process.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “ The DAVIS Difference”.