Quality Assurance - Weld Inspections
Duluth, GA 30096 US
Join a global leader in mechanical pipe joining innovations and solutions company as their Quality Assurance Inspector in Duluth, GA. Start today as a temporary position, show your skills and become a direct hire!
Shift: 1st Monday-Friday 6AM-2:30PM or 8AM-4:30PM
Pay Rate: $20-23 per hour depending on experience
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 470-655-4816.
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Inspector:
- Execute elements of the company's quality assurance manual and quality assurance procedures pertaining to the inspection of products in house.
- Assist in maintaining and developing the inspection program.
- Perform in-process inspections including dimensional verification and coating inspections; perform additional product testing as required; maintain records of inspections and results. Verify finished product’s dimensions and their conformance with drawings, work order specifications.
- Visual Inspection of welded joints (weld size, bead formation, weld penetration) of work in progress and of completed units for compliance and perform visual examination of welded joint to detect flaws (cracks, cold weld, spatter, and undercuts, etc……… per ES1124 and other specifications) using flashlight and magnifying glass.
- Assist in inspecting and releasing of received raw materials, supplied components, supplied products, finished company products after ensuring compliance to ALL (drawings, PO, WO, Specifications, Standards, MTR, etc.) requirements both dimensionally and documentation wise.
- Assist with calibration of all inspection instruments and gauges and update records.
- Perform required product testing and photograph/document results.
- Assist with inspection of ISIR (initial sample inspection report) and complete/submit documentation.
- Review material test reports (MTR) as required.
- Assist with the training of production employees.
- Conduct auditing in both products and processes and prepare findings report as required.
- Communicate and interact with shift supervisors, operations manager, engineering and other quality personnel about quality related issues and perform other duties as required and as per direction from management.
Qualifications of the Quality Assurance Inspector:
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a manufacturing/steel fabrication environment is preferred.
- Computer literacy of Microsoft Windows software such as Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Working knowledge of arc welding processes for carbon, stainless and alloy metals preferred.
- Familiarity with liquid and powder type coatings preferred.
- Familiarity with ASTM specifications, AWWA standards and AWS/ASME welding codes desired.
- Able to physically perform testing: dye-penetrant, magnetic particle, dry film thickness and others that may be required by the specifications.
- Good understanding of shop math (fraction to decimal) and ability to read tape measure, and measuring tools (caliper, micrometers) preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints desired.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.