Burlington, MA 01803
Are you a Quality Engineer with a machining background? Do you want to join a growing company and support a wide range of industries to include emerging green technologies? Do you want to be part of a quality team, where you can learn and grow?
This is an excellent direct hire opportunity to join a world leader in thermal solutions and systems! Our client, in the Lowell area, has a long history of developing, designing, testing, optimizing, and fabricating reliable high-performance cooling solutions utilized in aerospace. defense, green technologies, med device, automotive and beyond!
This individual will assume full responsibility for all aspects of product quality and serve as the company representative for all customer issues related to the product. The Quality Engineer will take the actions necessary to improve product quality by identifying and addressing product non conformances. Emphasis is on proactively managing customer satisfaction by delivery the highest quality thermal products in the industry.
- Establish and implement processes for addressing and resolving customer product quality issues in a timely manner.
- Define quality requirements at the shop floor level.
- · Work with shop floor management to identify failure modes and drive improvement.
- · Ensure timely processing of any product non-conformances found at incoming or in process inspection.
- Identify and eliminate cost of quality drivers including scrap and rework within manufacturing.
- Communicate directly with shop floor work cells to improve product quality.
- Partner with service team to participate in failure analysis activities, compile data and reduce product failure modes.
- Drive CAPA associated with product quality through the organization to ensure that any findings or non-conformances are addressed quickly
- Bachelor’ s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with machining, welding, brazing, assembly-based manufacturing, lean, six sigma and 6S.
- Experience in ISO9001 quality environment, AS9100 quality environment a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with and manage both suppliers and internal customers.
- Demonstrated record of leading multiple projects while working with stakeholders across multiple functions·
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with root cause determination tools such as 5-Why, Fishbone Diagrams, etc.
- Core skills/tools should include: Microsoft Office, 8D problem solving, GD & T, Six Sigma, Minitab (statistical analysis), SPC, FMEA
- Experience with implementation of statistical methods and their application. Potential applications may be, capability studies, gage repeatability and reproducibility (gage R & R), X-bar and R charts is a plus.
- Experience with brazing, plumbing, pumps, refrigeration, and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical parts is desirable.
Our client is highly motivated to fill this exciting Direct Hire role, please apply today! Competitive salary: $85-95K with bonus potential!
#piqperm DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “ The DAVIS Difference”.