QA Inspector (Welding Inspections)
Duluth, GA 30096
Our client in Duluth, Ga has an immediate opening for a QA Inspector. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity.
- Execute elements of the company' s quality assurance manual and quality assurance procedures pertaining to the inspection of products in house.
- Assist in maintaining and developing the inspection program.
- Perform in-process inspections including dimensional verification and coating inspections; perform additional product testing as required; maintain records of inspections and results. Verify finished product’ s dimensions and their conformance with drawings, work order specifications.
- Visual Inspection of welded joints (weld size, bead formation, weld penetration) of work in progress and of completed units for compliance and perform visual examination of welded joint to detect flaws (cracks, cold weld, spatter, and undercuts, etc……… per ES1124 and other specifications) using flashlight and magnifying glass.
- Assist in inspecting and releasing of received raw materials, supplied components, supplied products, finished company products after ensuring compliance to ALL (drawings, PO, WO, Specifications, Standards, MTR, etc.) requirements both dimensionally and documentation wise.
- Assist with calibration of all inspection instruments and gauges and update records.
- Perform required product testing and photograph/document results.
- Assist with inspection of ISIR (initial sample inspection report) and complete/submit documentation.
- Review material test reports (MTR) as required.
- Assist with the training of production employees.
- Conduct auditing in both products and processes and prepare findings report as required.
- Communicate and interact with shift supervisors, operations manager, engineering and other quality personnel about quality related issues and perform other duties as required and as per direction from management.
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a manufacturing/steel fabrication environment is preferred.
- Computer literacy of Microsoft Windows software such as Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Working knowledge of arc welding processes for carbon, stainless and alloy metals preferred.
- Familiarity with liquid and powder type coatings preferred.
- Familiarity with ASTM specifications, AWWA standards and AWS/ASME welding codes desired.
- Able to physically perform testing: dye-penetrant, magnetic particle, dry film thickness and others that may be required by the specifications.
- Good understanding of shop math (fraction to decimal) and ability to read tape measure, and measuring tools (caliper, micrometers) preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints desired.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Good problem solving capabilities desired.
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently and be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- 1st Monday-Friday 6AM-2: 30PM or 8AM-4: 30PM
- $20-23 per hour depending on experience
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: [email protected] or call 470-655-4816.