Charlotte, NC 28216
We have a capital equipment manufacturer in the Charlotte, NC area actively looking to hire a Project Manager to run industrial equipment projects.
The PM is accountable for the delivery of all assigned projects on time, within budgeted, and to ensure scope is managed & controlled effectively. The PM will serve as the primary customer contact for all project activities once the PO approval & order confirmation is validated through project close out.
- Start with the overall planning of the entire project life cycle including; the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of project.
- The approach will follow a phased workflow: Project Initiation - Execution, Monitoring, and Control - Close Out and Customer Acceptance
- Focus on the critical administrative elements to ensure successful completion of the project and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure project acceptance invoice billing is completed as per the execution schedule
- Monitor fabrication build plan report any delays or changes that could impact the schedule
- Communication of any and all issues in a timely manor
- Ownership of the project change management process
- Manage project modification requests from the customer and re-estimate project timelines and budgets accordingly
- Monitor material supply schedule and ensure timely delivery of project material as per the project plan
- Responsible for the project financials and variances
- Pre-start up Installation notification completion coordination
- Timely updates to the project forecasts and POC throughout the project lifecycle
- BS in Engineering, preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Project Management or Project Engineering
- Understanding of CAPEX projects or industrial equipment design / build.
- Able to manage up to 20 projects at a time - Ranging from 50k-1.5M in size and 6 month durations.
- Ability to travel - 10-20%