Project Manager Disaster Recovery
Lowell, MA 01851-
As an IT Disaster Recovery Project Manager you will have the opportunity to communicate, lead and provide recommendations for Cloud based recovery in the event of a disaster. This is a visible dynamic role that helps validate and maintain 24/7/365 availability levels for all our Cloud customers.
You will lead and oversee the Disaster Recovery processes for Cloud customers and collaborate with Cloud Teams in the design, testing and implementation of Disaster Recovery solutions and processes for Cloud Operations.
- Manage testing development and execution for internal DR planning and configuration support for all cloud customers.
- Partner with the other service functions to remediate any issues
- Recommend DR system enhancements and administer programs to include policies, standards, guidelines, and a viable quality assurance process for disaster recovery.
- Integrate additional enhancements into the existing processes / tooling with quality results and further user adoption accordingly.
- Review and help develop updates to existing Disaster Recovery strategies, draft procedures for identified failures and invoke contingency plans and create response procedures.
- Schedule, coordinates and executes annual DR tests to meet both customer and regulatory compliance (SOC & HIPAA) requirements, internally and externally as applicable.
- Track test data to include functions tested, pass fail, test analysis, Issues and create post-test reporting summaries.
- Communicate with various response teams during testing, create response procedures and support the design, development, installation, implementation, and administration of backup solutions.
- Provide data and collateral that support DR related metrics and initiatives on an on-going basis.
- 7+ years of professional Project Management experience with 3+ years in a role or past project related to Application or Cloud Disaster Recovery
- Ability to assess the severity and priority of multiple incoming inquiries from management, customers and internal employees.
- Capacity to lead under pressure, make decisions in ambiguous situations, and drive cross group consensus in short periods.
- Ability to work well interpersonally cross functionally and cross-discipline at various levels as well as influence and manage without direct authority. Proven ability to understand complex business issues and align communications strategies and outcomes accordingly.
- Prior experience developing and maintaining Project Plans, Disaster Recovery plans, DR tests, experienced with tools that support ITIL / ITSM processes.
- Ability to lead projects, manage crises, identify problems and resolutions under critical, visible and time sensitive scenarios.