Pre Production Engineering Tech
Westborough, MA 01581
Looking for a Pre- Production Engineering Technician to join a fast growing manufacturing company in Westborough, MA. This opportunity is on 1st shift, temp to hire basis.
The Pre-Production Engineering Technician is part of the Product Development group and is involved in the assembly, documentation, and test of various products in pre-production build phases. This position is a critical part of the pre-production team and may assist in assembly, test, debug, documentation and/or test of complex electro/mechanical assemblies and systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies electrical and mechanical prototype systems applying sound engineering technician practices including maintaining of lab notebook and associated records of work performed. Prototype systems are simple to complex and light to heavy.
- Assembles experimental circuitry, mechanical assemblies, or complete prototype systems according to engineering instructions, technical documentation and knowledge of electronics and mechanical systems and components.
- Recommends changes to build and test procedures to improve inputs, outputs, or process.
- Redlines engineering documentation to capture additional details and refinements during build and test cycles.
- Updates assembly and test documentation with captured redlines and reviews with engineering for approval.
- Sets up standard test fixtures, or devises new equipment and circuitry to perform functional, operational and other tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Using a variety of test equipment, executes approved functional test plans and debug as required. Documents results and makes recommendations based on those results. Consults with internal or client engineers as required.
- Machine shop usage– low complexity tools.
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting and some problem solving support within development engineering as needed.
- Organize and maintain prototyping build and test environments, and engineering work stations, to ensure tools and equipment are available, inventoried, tracked, stored, maintained and replaced/expanded as driven by project needs.
- Expectation for this position requires ability to perform moderate to high complexity tasks with minimal oversight.
- Good verbal and written skills. Good problem solving skills.
- High school diploma minimum – trade school experience in technology discipline a plus.
- Good PCBA soldering skills required, IPC J-std certification a significant plus.
- 6+ years of experience in a similar/related role within a product development environment.
- Experience in use of MS Office tools.
- Some experience with accessing information in MRP/ERP systems, Epicor a plus.
- Capable in the use of basic hand tools and test equipment.