LIttleton, MA 01460
Entry level Manufacturing Opening!
We have new entry level opportunities for you right in Littleton on 1st shift! Come bring your production skills or learn this exciting trade!
Under close supervision the Assembler laminates steel or aluminum elements for use in ultrasonic sensors, which requires the use of Aqueous cleaner. Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable handling chemicals (flux, isopropyl, alcohol, epoxies, solder, and urethane foam).
Responsibilities of the Assembler I:
- Must be able to handle, pack and assemblies of up to 50 lbs.
- Reads Bill of Materials (BOM) and Work Instructions to determine what is required for each lamination.
- Washes the steel and aluminum discs in the degreaser by submerging into aqueous solution.
- Cleans ceramics with isopropyl alcohol and paper towels.
- Smooth steel and aluminum surfaces by operating sandblaster.
- Verifies the thickness of the steel using calipers and BOM for reference. Notifies supervisor of discrepant material.
- Groups’ ceramics for dual frequency laminations and groups laminated elements for commercial packs.
- Solders prep elements as required.
- Weighs and mixes epoxy for lamination use between the layers of the elements.
- Operates air vise to press and secures elements together.
- Cures elements in oven for appropriate length of time. Documents on oven log.
- Tests frequency and impedance using digital and analog test equipment.
- Phases elements using specified testing equipment.
- Laminates cork to elements as prep requires.
- Phases elements for pack assemblies.
Requirements of the Laminator I:
- High school education or equivalent experience.