Industrial Engineer (Griffin Plant)
Peachtree City, GA 30269-
The Industrial Engineer designs, develops and plans equipment and machine layouts, workflow, and safety precautions to maximize utilization of a manufacturing facilities. He/she will analyze existing industrial engineering techniques and develops recommendations for changes to working methods that will minimize costs, and time taken, increases yields and productivity, and improve the quality and of final products.
- Conducts studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommends methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- Reviews production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Evaluates worker productivity and recommends improvements to increase manpower efficiency and operating performance, reduce waste and delays, and promote cost control/reductions.
- Analyzes and redesigns workstations for improved ergonomics and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
- Ensures compliance with established industry safety and design standards and guidelines.
Develops metrics to measure plant and equipment capacity output and identify equipment and process flow bottlenecks.
- Establishes accident prevention measures, plans and schedules training programs.
Maintain process routes for parts and finished goods.
- Maintain production standards for fabricated parts and finished goods.
- Bachelor' s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field and 3 to 5 years of experience applying industrial engineering techniques and concepts.
- Experience performing time studies, line balances, and line layouts using Lean Manufacturing concepts and capacity analysis.
- Lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement programs experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and six sigma