Pittsfield, MA 01201
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Our client in the contract manufacturing space needs a dynamic Design Engineer to join their growing team in Pittsfield, MA area. This direct hire position offers growth and a great benefits program
Duties and Responsibilities of the Design Engineer:
To Design complex Injection mold tooling and related fixtures and equipment. Provide project, status feedback to management team.
- Perform Engineering/Design projects as assigned.
- Meet schedules for Design activities and information transfer to Tool Room to support Tool Builds.
- Provide support for sales and engineering quotations when required.
- Support post sampling and functional review of mold and molded parts including validation results.
- Provide schedule updates for Engineering/Design projects.
- Provide support for toolshop, molding and quality as required.
- Schedule Design Review meetings as required.
- Visit Customers to support engineering efforts as required.
- Support sales initiatives and programs as required.
- Interact positively with all Apex personnel.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent, or 5-7 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in Engineering and Injection Mold Design.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Technical Drawings and technical information documents.
- Create technical documents for use in the Tool Room, other departments, and APEX Customers.
- 3 plus years’ experience using Pro-Engineer or Solidworks software and a commitment to continuing to develop and learn the companies systems and procedures in using that software.
- Ability to write and professionally present technical information to small groups.
- Possess strong computer, mathematical, reading, writing skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information, electronic data, drawings and data in an efficient
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “ The DAVIS Difference”.