Cost Accountant - Hybrid Opportunity!
S Burlington, VT 05403 US
A provider of engineering devices in South Burlington, VT is looking to hire a Cost Accountant. Put your related experience to work on a temp to hire and hybrid basis.
Shift of the Cost Accountant:
M-F 8a-5p, 3 day on site, 2 remote
Pay Rate of the Cost Accountant:
$45 - $50/hr
Responsibilities of the Cost Accountant:
- Perform standard cost roll up for all purchase, outside process and manufacture parts according to company’s standard cost policies.
- Review and analyze bill of materials and routing instruction for accuracy and compliance.
- Support creation and analysis of standard labor and overhead rates.
- Support physical inventory and cycle count processes.
- Coordinate miscellaneous inventory transactions.
- Perform monthly manufacturing accounting close procedure.
- Coordinate accounting work order management.
- Troubleshoot and investigate manufacturing accounting errors before and during month end process.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of accounts including: General Ledger – Item -Ledger, Inventory and COG
- Produce Days In Inventory analysis
- Perform Ad-Hoc analysis on costing scenarios.
Requirements of the Cost Accountant:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering or Finance
- 2-3 years of cost accounting or manufacturing accounting related experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills-Working knowledge of JDE ERP systems
- 2 years experience -Excellent skill in Microsoft suite (excel, access, word, etc) -Advanced Excel skills- If Statements, V-lookups, Pivot Tables
- Intermediate knowledge of standard costing, material, labor cost and manufacturing variances.