Associate Field Service Technician
Decatur, GA 30035
Field Service Technician:
Immediate, direct hire opening, for an entry level candidate that wants to start a career as Field Service Technician working with automated, industrial equipment.
A great opportunity to get started or grow your mechatronics career! Travel extensively, receive training, and work hands on with high-speed industrial systems and robotics. Perform installation, commissioning, maintenance, repair, and customer training on sophisticated, automated industrial equipment.
Primary focus is to provide customers with excellent technical customer service and grow as a valuable contributor to our diverse international team of experts. This position has a direct and significant impact on maintaining our customer base as well as growing new business for the Company.
- Participates in training and shows appropriate progress in gaining job relevant skills and knowledge.
- Assists with assembly, installation, startup and service work at our Facility and customer sites.
- Represents the company to customers and colleagues in a professional manner.
- Assembles mechanical components and sub-assemblies, accurately, safely, and efficiently, with proper hand and power tools in the proper sequence utilizing " best practice" methods.
- Assembles electrical components per panel layout, including mounting enclosures, controls and safety switches in an accurate, safe, and efficient manner.
- Wires power and control circuitry up to 575 volts per the bill of material and wiring diagram with hand held tools in the proper sequence utilizing " best wiring practices" methods per NFPA 79.
- Troubleshoots and problem solves basic live power and control circuitry with hand held test equipment while wearing required company supplied personal protective equipment.
- Troubleshoots and problem solves basic mechanical systems while wearing required company supplied personal protective equipment.
- Performs uploads, downloads to existing software code as needed.
- Demonstrates and trains associates and customers on equipment operation and equipment functionality where appropriate
- Maintain and contribute to a well-organized working environment at both company and customer facilities.
- Observes all safety regulations and informs supervisor of any safety issues or hazards.
- Process detailed expense and trip reports on all service visits, in a timely fashion.
- Work in tight quarters; on top of and underneath equipment. Stand, stoop, kneel and bend continuously while working on equipment (66% of the time).
- Lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Submit to safety, background and drug/alcohol testing as required by customers and wear personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Travel up to 80% domestically and internationally which requires a valid passport and driver' s license, as well as, nearby proximity (within 50 miles) to a major metropolitan airport. This position may require residence in a specific geographic area to better serve a specific customer base, and due to business needs, approval will be required, post-hire, if an associate wishes to relocate. Due to the international travel involved in the job, vaccination status may be requested.
- Must possess an Associate' s degree or 2-year technical college diploma, ideally in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics or Automation
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience working with PC’ s and Microsoft Office
- Firm understanding of mechanics or mechanical, electrical or electronics technician background.
- Field Service experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to partner with other functions and foster teamwork.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong mechanical aptitude, detail oriented.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to adapt to multiple and changing priorities and deadlines
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “ The DAVIS Difference”.