Westford, MA 01886
We have a new, direct hire opportunity for an Associate Buyer in Westford, MA. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a dynamic team and work within a progressive manufacturing company!
Full time M-F 8: 00-5: 00pm
The Associate Buyer will participate in the planning and procurement of assigned production materials and new product introduction (NPI) material requirements. The Associate Buyer will work closely with the materials organization to develop materials management strategies. The Associate Buyer will be trained and mentored to develop expanded supply chain management skills and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in procurement of assigned production materials
- Expedite material deliveries from suppliers to meet production start dates
- Communicate and provide administrative support to suppliers, buyer and planners regarding order status, corrective actions responses, returns, supplier survey responses, and supplier performance reports
- Maintain tracking reports, metric charts and procedures
- Resolve any material discrepancies (quality, quantity, and price) with supplier and internal teams
- Assist with finding alternate sources for material when appropriate
- Assist with implementing and maintaining supplier flexibility programs
- Strategically work with suppliers to reduce material lead times
- Work directly with assigned customer focus teams to report material status
- Provide support to the account team for engineering change orders that impact material planning
- BS/BA or AS Degree required
- 2+ years full time work experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Comfort with negotiating
- Strong PC and software skills, especially with Microsoft Excel
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “ The DAVIS Difference”.