2nd Shift Equipment Maintenance Technician
Plymouth, MN 55447
Are you seeking an opportunity within Maintenance to work with an industry leader? Our client in the Medical Device manufacturing space needs a dynamic and skilled Sr. Facilities Maintenance Technician to join their team in the West metro. This is a 2nd shift, Direct Hire role.
The Equipment Maintenance Technician will provide the Manufacturing departments and Manufacturing Engineering departments with support on various production related projects and activities. This role will also develop preventive maintenance job plans for manufacturing equipment, and maintain manufacturing equipment to a high level of quality to produce products according to schedule.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide necessary skills for manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance. Must have the basic skills to repair automated manufacturing equipment for liquid and powder dispensing machines, cappers, fluid and powder material handling systems, bag forming, labeling, printing, case erection, taping, stacking, robotics, heat sealing and conveyors.
- Must have the basic skills to repair and maintain material handling equipment for liquid and powder materials. Basic knowledge of pumps, motors, gear boxes/transmissions, compressed air systems and other related equipment.
- Must have the computer skills to efficiently work within Word, Excel, email systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD) and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Must have the skills to read and understand the English language, schematics, electrical and pneumatic diagrams.
- Maintains records in a CMMS for equipment maintenance and operation to satisfy FDA, ISO, OSAHA, ADA, NFPA and IBC standards. Will use the Mainsaver computerized maintenance management system and other programs to maintain documentation to meet these requirements.
- From time to time will schedule and direct vendors/contractors on an occasional basis for maintenance, repair, replacement and testing of equipment and systems, under the supervision of other Production Equipment Maintenance Technicians, the Facilities & Maintenance Manager and Manufacturing Engineering staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires two years vocational college in automation and manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance.
- Entry level to three years of related work experience required.
- Must have understanding and basic working knowledge of automated manufacturing equipment and related systems.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, electrical diagrams, mechanical diagrams and schematics.
- Works on assignments that are simple to moderately complex in nature, setting workload priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must have flexibility in ability to work multiple shifts to provide coverage to meet production department demands.
- Internal – Daily contact with production maintenance staff and a variety of manufacturing personnel.
- External – From time to time will have contact with vendors and contractors with a wide variety of responsibilities to include plumbing, electrical, and production equipment manufacturers, under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager and Manufacturing Engineering staff.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and set work priorities.
- Must have basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills and basic knowledge in the care and use of power equipment. Should possess a good electrical and mechanical aptitude, with knowledge in the operation of automated manufacturing equipment and electronic control systems.
- Knowledge of basic machine designs, process equipment, polymer pumps, and heating systems. Electrical controls including design, panel building, electrical controls, and elementary diagrams.
- Must have the basic knowledge of test equipment used in troubleshooting production equipment, such as volt ohm meters, clamp on amp probes and other related test equipment.
- Must have basic knowledge in machine tools to safely setup and operate equipment.
- Must have basic knowledge in materials used in the manufacture of machines used for medical device manufacturing process.
- Must be familiar with and use of safety practices for equipment lock-out/tag-out and use of personnel protection equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to us a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Will be working with computerized maintenance management system, Mainsaver.
- Will be working with programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD), AC/DC drives and other electronically controlled equipment.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “ The DAVIS Difference”.